Alisa Copeland, Pender County NC SIS Coordinator
The North Carolina Student Information System (SIS) is the official Home Base application used statewide by the Public Schools of North Carolina. This new web based application replaces the former student information system, NC WISE. It houses all aspects of student data including demographics, grades, attendance, etc. One of its many great features is the Parent Portal module that gives parents and students access to grades and teacher assignments via online.
NC SIS, implemented in the summer of 2013, is the first of many new applications linked together under the Home Base system. Once completed, the Home Base platform will comprise the Student Information System and the Instructional Improvement System.
The major parts of this web enabled application include:
- Scheduling (Pre-scheduling, Master Schedule Builder, Class Scheduling)
- Attendance (Period and Daily)
- PowerTeacher (Gradebook and On-line Attendance)
- Academic Progress (Marks, Comments, Transcripts, Report Cards, Interim Reports, Honor Rolls)
- Health Information (allergies, shot records, health issues)
- Incident Tracking (Discipline and Safe Schools )
- Standardized Testing
- Fees Management
- Standard Reports, Exports and Imports
- Automated Electronic processing and Distribution of Student Transcript
For more information visit: http://www.ncwise.org