With Graduation Project, we
• develop students who will be independent and lifelong learners.
• create an environment that fosters
cross-curricular mentorship and resources.
• invite community involvement with the school
in the form of mentorship, resources, and student recognition.
• provide a venue for students to connect learning, life, and work.
Why Graduation Project?
- Students choose their own topics based upon their interests and future goals.
- Students integrate learning from various high school disciplines.
Students apply learning to real-world context.
Students to stretch beyond current accomplishments.
Students experience service learning.
Students gain skills in organization, time management, self-advocacy, and self-reflection.
Click on the links below for more information
about the requirements of this project in Pender County:
PCS Graduation Project.ppt
Pender County Graduation Project Guidelines.pdf
Click on this link to see a product example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0POwxLOmx8
Pender County uses the state-endorsed rubrics for Graduation Project:
Research Paper Rubric.pdf