PCS Acceptable Use Policy
All PCS employees/students are given access to the the Internet/Network for the first 15 days of school or the start of the new fiscal year (July 1). Before that time ends, all employees/students must read or watch the summary presentation (or read the policies), and sign the TRU/AUP(Technology Responsible Use/Acceptable Use Policies) signature form and have it reported to the Central Office by the principal or designee. At the end of the 15 day time limit, all employees/students not signing the TRU/AUP (or having it reported to the Central Office before the deadline) will have their access terminated.
By clicking on the link, employees may watch/access:
1) Staff Presentation and Student Presentation. (Google Sign-In Required)
2) Read the policies on the Pender County Schools BOE website.
Technology related policies: 1610, 3102, 3120, 3200, 3210, 3220, 3225, 3226, 3227, 3410, 6401, 6524, 7335, 7730, 8220
Bullying related policies: 1710, 1720
Copyright related policy: 3230
Staff may also access the:
3) CyberBullying Policies and Procedures
4) CyberBullying Instructional Resources for assistance and materials, including classroom resources Pre-K through 12.
5) The Governor's Office and the NC Department of Cultural Resources have published a "Best Practices for Social Media Usage in North Carolina".
Remember you have the right to read the BOE policies before signing the TRU/AUP, but the 15 day rule still applies.