PCS Acceptable Use Policy
| All PCS employees/students are given access to the the Internet/Network for the first
15 days of school or the start of the new fiscal year (July 1). Before that time ends,
all employees/students must read or watch the summary presentation
(or read the policies), and sign the TRU/AUP(Technology Responsible Use/Acceptable Use Policies) signature form and have it reported to the Central Office by the
principal or designee. At the end of
the 15 day time limit, all employees/students not signing the TRU/AUP
(or having it reported to the Central Office before the deadline) will have their access terminated.
By clicking on the link, employees may watch/access:
1) Staff Presentation and Student Presentation. (Google Sign-In Required)
2) Read the policies on the Pender County Schools BOE website.
A: Technology related policies: 1610, 3102, 3120, 3200, 3210, 3220,
3225, 3226, 3227, 3410, 6401, 6524, 7335, 7730, 8220
B: Bullying related policies: 1710, 1720
C: Copyright related policy: 3230
Staff may also access the:
3) CyberBullying Policies and Procedures
4) CyberBullying Instructional Resources for assistance and materials, including
classroom resources Pre-K through 12.
5) The Governor's Office and the NC Department of Cultural Resources have
published a "Best Practices for Social Media Usage in North Carolina".
6) Staff Social Media Presentation: Based on the policy adopted by the BOE
February 13, 2012. a) Policy 7335
7) For Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) please go here
Remember you have the right to read the BOE policies before signing the TRU/AUP, but the 15 day rule still applies.