WebTool/Social Media Request
|The following are guidelines for district educators who wish to use a social media tool with their students.
1. You must review the district's policy on Employee Use of Social Media (7335).
2. You must review the site/tool's Terms of Service. Pay particular attention to age restrictions as many sites restrict use to individuals who are 13 years of age or older (in compliance with COPPA regulations).
3. Your use of the tool must connect to and enhance a specific learning objective within your curriculum.
4. You should consider if more education-appropriate tools are available. For example, Edmodo is typically preferable to Facebook.
5. When you are ready to submit a tool for approval, you will find the form here:
Be sure to review your request with your school's principal prior to submitting your request. If you do not receive a response within a week of submission, contact Lucas Gillispie.